Thursday 27 August 2009

Quick and Dirty ways for Making Textures in SL Part 1


I use this method probably more than I should at the moment because of Time constraints but it works pretty well for the organic builds I create and it's good way to create a number of textures quickly and get them loaded onto your prims.

1. Grab your camera and get outside, take close up pics of any interesting textures/colours and shapes that catch your eye - for me I usually grab shots of leaves and tree barks as they change over the seasons.

2. Download Gimp install and load up your photo's: (ideally you want you pics to be in focus better than this example :\).



3. Right Click on the image, select Filters->Map->Make Seamless:



4. Next select Image->Scale Image and change the size to 512x512 Pixels (good size for speed/quality in SL) and Voila a ready made texture!


Load your textures into SL/other grid and away you go! Simples. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment